The eCommerce industry has exploded in recent years, thanks to the rise of Shopify and Amazon FBA. This post will provide you with seven ideas to help you remain ahead of the competition and focus on the one thing that counts to all eCommerce business owners: increasing income. The suggestions vary from simple things you can do every day with a little elbow grease to scalable systems you can put in place and trust to do the work overtime.
7 Brilliant Strategies to Make More Money in Your Ecommerce Store
Here are the seven concepts we’ll be discussing, so you can skip to the ones that interest you:
- Organic content
- Answer Quora questions
- Reddit engagement
- Implement Email Marketing
- Use Pinterest
- Do a Giveaway Collaboration
- Use Your Facebook Pixel
1st Idea: Organic Content
Organic content is a terrific technique to get more inbound leads that is essentially free (especially if you create it yourself). It is appealing because of its scalability and high potential for profit. You may write a blog article today and publish it on your website, and it will generate ‘free’ traffic as long as it is relevant (or Google deems it to be).
The following are some methods for recruiting new customers:
- Choosing appropriate long-tail keywords for your products
- Selecting keywords with a low search complexity yet sufficient search volume to justify the effort
- Making content that engages visitors and keeps them on the page for an extended period of time
- Having calls to action that lead viewers from your blog article to a product page is essential (converting readers into buyers)
- Increasing your Domain Authority via building backlinks over time
Idea 2: Respond to questions on Quora
Quora is a question-and-answer website where people with relevant experience and knowledge may ask questions and receive answers. It is a fantastic way to demonstrate your expertise while also gaining exposure to potential consumers.
Make sure you mention your website’s brand and link in your bio so people know where to go if they want to learn more.
Idea 3: Reddit Participation
Reddit is a social networking platform where users may post and share content as well as comment on other people’s content.
You have two options for sharing your material on Reddit:
- Make a product-specific subreddit and post your material there.
- Make relevant comments on other people’s content.
The catch with Reddit is that you must become an active part of the community. Reddit users despise shameless self-promotion. Before you can ask for something, you must first provide value.
There are two basic methods for increasing your Reddit following:
- Participate in a variety of topics as an active participant.
- Share and credit relevant information from other community members (known as ‘upvoting’).
Karma is a really great and unique feature on Reddit. The total number of upvotes you’ve gotten minus the total number of downvotes you’ve gotten is your karma. It’s an excellent technique to determine how much relevant content you’re posting.
People will naturally be interested in your profile if you engage on Reddit and become an authority in your product’s or store’s area, and they will frequently ask you for a link to your site. You know you’ve nailed Reddit when it happens!
Idea 4: Email marketing
Email marketing is one of the most crucial strategies you can employ when beginning an eCommerce business. It is the most effective way to stay in touch with your consumers, and it’s even more successful at converting them from prospects to paying customers. Email marketing is a fantastic way to nurture leads, increase income, and cut down on the amount of time you spend selling.
The following are the most effective email marketing strategies:
- Create a welcome email that turns prospects into paying clients.
- Send a thank-you email shortly after a transaction, along with a discount or other incentive for making a future purchase.
- Send out email marketing efforts on a regular basis that your readers will enjoy.
Huckberry is perhaps the best example of email marketing done correctly. Check through their emails for an excellent plan to base your work on.
Idea 5: Pinterest
Pinterest is a social media platform that allows users to share and curate information. The ideal method to use Pinterest for your eCommerce store is to create a profile for it and distinct boards for each of your products. Pinterest is wonderful for driving visitors to your eCommerce store, but it may also help you increase your email list.
You must build aesthetically appealing material to get Pinterest correct. Images and infographics that are pleasing to the eye are more likely to be successful.
PS: Don’t forget to include a CTA on your website that says “follow me on Pinterest.”
Idea 6: Collaborate on a giveaway
Giveaways are an excellent approach to generate interest in your eCommerce store. When done right, the beauty of gifts is the enhanced visibility and distribution they provide.
The following is a list of the actions you should do when organizing a giveaway:
- Find a partner brand that has a higher social media presence than your company.
- Request that they work together on a gift and pool some things to give away.
- Make a landing page for the giveaway and send them there.
- Make a spreadsheet with all of the entrants’ information, including their email addresses.
By sharing the giveaway link on their social accounts, participants will receive more entries into the giveaway.
Idea 7: Make the Most of Your Facebook Pixel
eCommerce shop owners may use a Facebook pixel to retarget clients, evaluate conversions, and track the success of their ads.
The Facebook pixel allows you to construct a target audience of visitors who have visited your website and give them product-related adverts. As previously said, holding freebies is a terrific approach to retarget people who have shown an initial interest in your product but have yet to take action.
The Facebook pixel can be added to your website using the following steps:
- Set up a Facebook ad account for your company.
- The Facebook pixels code should be added to your website.
- Make an ad that is targeted at people who have visited your website.
That’s all there is to it! There you have it: seven techniques to increase the revenue of your eCommerce business. We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Until the next time. Goodbye!