If you are here, the best thing is that you are an excellent anime fan. You have no doubt enjoyed Dragon Ball Z and Naruto Shippuden – Funimation offers its clients with a 14-day free trial with complete access to its vast library. This article will teach you how to get the Funimation free trial.
As a subsidiary of AnimeLab, Funimation is an expert at dubbing anime content. When an anime show premiers today in Japan, its dubbed version will be available on Funimation tomorrow. Many people do not know that Funimation belongs to Sony (95% SPE-SPEJ). Since Sony is Japanese (surprise!), you can conclude that it is highly dependent on the rights that Sony has in Japan. The biggest competitor of Funimation is Crunchyroll and anime fans are made to choose between them.
Funimation is only available in the US and Canada. However, you can still access it even if you are out of the North American region. Use the services of any VPN and Funimation will open up to you.
Funimation and subscription
Funimation has three priced packages: Premium ($5.99 per month), Premium Plus ($7.99 per month) and Premium Plus Ultra (99.99 per year). The free trial that is the most popular is the Premium Plus one. To get it, you need to sign up for an account. The article will show you what steps to follow on both the app and the web.
On the web
- On your browser, visit Funimation.com.
- On the home page, click on the red ‘Start my free trial’ in the middle of the screen. Alternatively, you can click on the yellow ‘Try Premium Plus’ button. Whichever you click, Funimation will take you to the end of the screen.
- At the end of the screen, a form will shows. Enter your email address and password so that you open an account. This way, you will be able to enjoy a free trial. Click on ‘Continue’.
- Funimation will open you to the ‘Payment Information’ page. Here, add a credit/debit card or your PayPal account.
For PayPal, a browser window will open to ask you to allow FUNimation.com to use PayPal as your payment method.
- Once the payment thing is set up, you will be brought back to a confirmation page. Funimation will thank you for signing up and ask you to take advantage of everything the subscription has to offer.
On the app
If you are out of the North American region, download the Funimation .apk file from ApkPure. After this, use a VPN to circumvent the location barrier.
- From the list of your apps, tap on the Funimation icon (a purple round icon with a white smile).
- On the ‘Discover Extraordinary Anime’ page that opens, tap on the red ‘Start your free trial’ button.
- On the screen that opens, scroll right to the Premium Plus package (highlighted in purple). Then, tap on the ‘Start free trial’ button. You will be shown the ‘Set up your account below’ screen.
- On the form, enter your email address and password.
- Depending on which device you are using (Android or iOS), the ‘store’ will open and ask you to add a payment method. Add your credit or debit card then tap ‘Save’.
Fourteen days of pleasure
Upon a successful sign-up and payment information linking, you are set. You have two weeks to explore and see whether Funimation Premium is worth your $7.99 every month.
Note: Remember to remove your payment method to avoid an automatic deduction on your account.