eCommerce is becoming a widespread concept in the calculative approach of every trader. Shopping via the windows isn’t the only method to do business. You must adapt to the ABC of online purchasing today if you want to broaden your horizons while increasing your earnings.
There are tens of thousands of platforms available, including Shopify and Shopify alternatives, to assist you in launching your online business. It is smart to adjust yourself to the latest technology, whether you are a new or seasoned merchant, and that is which eCommerce platform to rely on.
After all, it would be beneficial if you took a calculated risk in order to keep your firm afloat. eCommerce is becoming a widespread concept in the calculative approach of every trader. Shopping via the windows isn’t the only method to do business.
You must adapt to the ABC of online purchasing today if you want to broaden your horizons while increasing your earnings. There are tens of thousands of platforms available, including Shopify and Shopify alternatives, to assist you in launching your online business.
It is smart to adjust yourself to the latest technology, whether you are a new or seasoned merchant, and that is which eCommerce platform to rely on. After all, it would be beneficial if you took a calculated risk in order to keep your firm afloat.
What is Shopify?
Shopify is a leading eCommerce platform that offers a wide range of features and is easy to use. Shopify will be the ideal tutor for you to enter the world of eCommerce if your web marketing skills are minimal.
- Platform- Scalable and user-friendly
- High-speed performance with no uptime
- Highly reliable and flexible with its intuitive and impressive themes.
- Works in support with certified partners to guide you through every phase.
- Ordoro integrated.
- SEO tools aren’t customer-friendly
- Additional transaction fees are applicable when paid without using Shopify’s in-house services.
- Better advanced features available in the pro version.
Given the aforementioned considerations, it is prudent to search for Shopify alternatives. We’ll go through ten of the finest Shopify alternatives in this article, including free, paid, and open-source options.
Check Out the 10 Best Shopify Alternatives:
1. Prestashop (Free)
The finest free and open-source Shopify alternative is Prestashop.
When it comes to purchasing a domain and web hosting, if not the website, the e-marketing solution is similar to Magneto. This Shopify alternative allows you to start an online store with very little money. All you have to do is follow the free instructions and manuals.
- It supports multiple languages and currencies
- No additional transaction costs
- Easy switching process from any other eCommerce platform
- Designed to serve all type of businesses
- Prestashop has partnerships with Google, PayPal, eBay, etc
- Advanced features require premium charges
- Requires tech skills
- Limited themes and designs
- Prestashop is totally free for all type of businesses. There are no monthly fees or commission on sales.
2. Magento (Free, Open-source)
During our study, we discovered that Magento is a free and open-source Shopify competitor that is best suited for mid-sized businesses with in-house programmers and resources that can customise to meet specific requirements.
- Excellent flexibility, optimization, scalability, and efficiency
- Inventory management
- Features include- SEO tools, flexible payment mechanism, API, and intuitive designs.
- Requires basic skills of coding and IT security.
- Since it is freely downloadable, it requires third-party hosting.
- It is not ideal for novices, unlike Shopify.
- Magento is an open-source Shopify alternative available for free. However, its development is quite expensive as it requires experts who can deliver high-end products.
3. BigCommerce (Paid)
The most popular Shopify alternative with more extensive features is BigCommerce. It, like Shopify, offers a straightforward navigation and a simple and basic style that is appropriate for small to large organisations. Although it is a commercial platform, it does provide a free trial.
- It includes advanced marketing features such as Cart Abandonment and Google AMP pages.
- A significant difference as compared to Shopify is the absence of any extra transaction fees, no matter which payment gateway you choose.
- BigCommerce has support with third-party partners and addons.
- It offers a 15-days free trial.
- The Pro model is quite expensive ($79.95 to $299.95).
- BigCommerce Plus plan starts at $79.95 per month and lets you enjoy the automated cart recovery feature.
4. Pinnacle Cart (Paid)
Pinnacle Cart is a growth-oriented eCommerce platform that is frequently compared to Shopify. It serves as both a marketing and conversion tool, and it is the greatest option for store owners who demand in-house design and marketing services. As a result, this premium Shopify competitor is worth a shot.
Pinnacle Cart Pros
- Features include- cart recovery, SEO tools, and other marketing tools
- The interface is intuitive and user-friendly
- In-house designing and services are available.
Pinnacle Cart Cons
- Limited bandwidth (Standard Plan- up to 20GB)
- Limited integration
Pinnacle Cart Pricing
- The Standard Plan begins at $79.95/month, which allows no transaction cost, unlimited products, and up to five administrative accounts.
- Requires no credit card
5. BigCartel (Paid)
Without a doubt, BigCartel is a one-of-a-kind Shopify alternative, particularly for artists and manufacturers who want to operate their creative businesses through online marketplaces and sell their wares.
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Inventory tracking
- HTML and CSS customization
- Integration with Facebook, Google Analytics, and Paypal
- No additional charges.
- BigCartel has a free plan that lets you sell up to five products. You can give this a shot before buying an advanced plan.
- No live chat or phone support
- No inventory search feature, thus, best for retailers with a fewer number of products
- BigCartel Platinum plans start from $9.99/month, which allows up to 50 products.
6. Squarespace (Paid)
Squarespace is one of the top Shopify alternatives as an eCommerce solution for small company organisations if items are limited and resources are few. The site has a lot of themes and customization choices, which is great if you want a smaller and simpler product selection. It is a subscription-based service.
- An easy and simple solution for small stores.
- Easy installation
- No additional costs.
- No multiple-channel feature, like that of Shopify
- Lack of addon features
- Squarespace Business plan is the most popular pricing model with $26/month (and $18/month, if paid annually).
7. Simvoly (Paid)
Simvoly is a website and funnel builder, as well as a Shopify alternative, that is ideal for businesses with various products. It’s a paid platform that competes with Simvoly.
- Simple UI
- Fully functional funnel-builder- funnel analytics, funnel sharing, etc.
- Impressive page builder with 200+ templates, drag & drop builder, 30+ widget elements, and many more features.
- Calendar connection, smart widgets.
- It offers limited features of marketing analytics and reporting.
- Simvoly Business plan starts at $24/month when billed annually. It allows up to one website and five funnels.
8. Sellfy (Paid)
Sellfy, a simple Shopify alternative, is ideal for artists and manufacturers who want to create an online store and do business without difficulty. It’s secure, adaptable, and customisable.
- 14-days free trial is available
- Easy to install and use
- In-built marketing features- discounting codes, tracking pixels, etc.
- Sell from your website anytime, anywhere.
- Basic marketing and analytical features are present.
- When invoiced annually, the Sellfy Business plan starts at $39 per month. Free migration, self-image branding, and up to 10,000 email credits are among the other benefits.
9. Volusion (Paid)
Volusion is a Shopify alternative that focuses on small and medium businesses. It is an internet store and shopping cart, as well as an eCommerce platform. It’s a premium solution with a built-in marketing service to help you get started.
- CRM support
- Interactive UI
- Supports multiple channel business partners
- Step-by-step tutorial to guide you.
- It offers a 14 days free trial period.
- Limited integration.
- Advanced features require Business plan subscription.
- Volusion Business plan costs $299 per month with unlimited products and up to 15 staff.
10. WooCommerce (Free)
WooCommerce, a self-hosted Shopify alternative, is a free and open-source platform that gives users complete control over their content.
- A large variety of free and paid themes
- Free plugins and extensions
- Complete ownership and control over the content
- Uses the best of WordPress for content writing and SEO.
- It requires a dedicated WooCommerce host to function effectively.
- WooCommerce is totally free to use. You only need a website and a web host.
So, if you’re a beginner, BigCommerce is the way to go. Choose Prestashop or WooCommerce as a free Shopify alternative. The paid platforms mentioned in this post will provide you with a more advanced mechanism to assist you develop your entrepreneurship abilities.