Facebook is one of the world’s mighty and extensively used social media to connect people, friends, relatives, and other loved ones. This much-used tool comes with some toxicity in which some people want to attack, tease, and stress you. Sometimes a clash between you and someone can turn very wild, and you do not want to communicate again to him/her. To avoid such people, you can block their account so that you may have a stress-free experience on Facebook. If you’re asking myself how to block and unblock people on Facebook accounts, there are many different ways to block and unblock people on Facebook.
Uses of blocking
- Who cannot find your profile?
- Who cannot see your posts?
- Who cannot message you on Messenger?
- People who blocked may not even know that you have blocked them until they search for your profile and could
Block people on Facebook using computer
- Login into your Facebook account, navigate to the user’s profile you want in the bar by just searching their name.
- One their profile page, you can find three dots bottom on the right of their envelope pic. Click on it.
- A small popup up, there is a blocking option in the last bar of that menu bar, click on it. Another menu option up asking for your acceptance. Just confirm it and you’ll end up blocking those people.
Block People on Facebook using Smartphone (Android/iOS)
- Open the Facebook application on your mobile phone.
- Search for the user’s profile who you want to block and navigate to that.
- Click on the similar three dots bar below the user name; click on it, and you will see the block option.
- Tick on the Block option, and you will be taken to the approval page. Just hit verify, and you are good to go.
Note: There is also another way to block a person on Facebook account. This process can be used in any phone device. Here are the steps to follow.
- Open your Facebook account on any of your phones.
- In the computer case, click on the arrow in the top right corner and select the Settings option. In phone devices, click on the three-bar line button in the top right corner and select Settings. And the Privacy option.
- The blocking option is available in that menu bar and clicks on it.
- write the person’s name in the search bar and find the user’s profile you want to block and then press the block option. Then that user is blocked.
Unblock People on Facebook
After blocking a person, you can also unblock the same person due to many reasons. Maybe you compromised with that individual. In this case, let’s suppose you want to unblock that person. Yes, there is an option for that. Let’s see how to do it.
Unblock people Facebook using computer
- Open your Facebook account on your computer.
- Click on the bar on the top right side.
- Selected the Settings option.
- Selected the Blocking option in that menu, and you can see in the user’s name who you already blocked.
- Click the unblock option next to the characters you want to be liberated, and it will unblock that person.
Unblock people on Facebook using Smartphone (Android/iOS)
- Unblock people from Facebook using Smartphone and (Android/iOS)
- Open your Facebook account on your phone device.
- Click on the three-bar line button on the top right side.
- Privacy option & Select Settings .
- Select the Blocking option on that menu.
- You can see the user’s name, whom you already blocked in the Blocked user’s section.
Click the unblock option and next to their name, and that’s it; you have unblocked that user successfully.