This post will explain windows 10 can’t mount iso. Windows 8.1 and Window’s 10 can have the mount option of ISO files by default. You can just right-click any ISO file and select Mount. Previously it was done using third-party software which would create additional virtual CD/DVD ROM drives in which the ISO files were inserted virtually. But now, Windows Explorer has the capability of creating a virtual DVD ROM and automatically insert the ISO file.
Sometimes, a third-party application will mess up the default options, and the mount option will seem missing in Windows 10 or Windows 8.1. In this article, we’ll see how to fix the mount option missing in Windows 10, which had been messed up by a third-party app.
Fix Mount Option Missing in Windows 10
In this article, you can know about windows 10 can’t mount iso here are the details below;
If you don’t have enabled the mounting option in your system, you can follow below easy steps below to make it enable in your system and enjoy this option. There are a couple of ways to fix the issue. Basically, they do the same thing but using different interfaces.
Using Control Panel
- Go to the start menu and write the default program.
- Open the default program and click on set your default programs.
- And then select” Windows disc image burner” and click “Choose default app for this program.”
- You will see a list of default programs and click on check all. and save it
And now the mount option is enabled in your system. you can check by clicking right on any ISO file, you will see that the “mount” option is available there now.
Using Modern Interface Settings
- Open settings in windows ten or press “Windows + I.” And click “System.”
- Now open “default apps” and click “ set defaults by app.”
- Now by clicking this will lead to again all those steps you did in method 1.
Now you can mount any ISO file easily and enjoy this amazing feature of windows ten because you do not need to install any third-party software to use this feature.